Partners in Parkinson's
The Michael J. Fox Foundation and AbbVie have partnered to create Partners in Parkinson's, a strategic health initiative which aims to fill in knowledge gaps, provide new educational tools and resources for the Parkinson's community to help patients optimize their care from diagnosis through advanced disease.
Combining virtual and face-to-face opportunities, Partners in Parkinson's empowers patients and families to "discover the benefits of team" by connecting them with information and resources that can be crucial in developing a plan of care specific to their Parkinson's.
Online Resources to Help You Optimize Your Care
- Locate a movement disorder specialist using a new online specialist locating tool, developed in collaboration with the International Parkinson and Movement Disorder Society.
- Connect with one-on-one support from a Parkinson's Disease Advocate, who are available by phone or in person, anywhere in the United States.
- Attend informative webinars on topics related to navigating a Parkinson's diagnosis and building a team of care providers.
- Gain a better understanding of Parkinson's disease through comprehensive information online, including a downloadable Parkinson's disease guide.
Educational Events to Connect with Local Support
- Learn how to maximize time with a Parkinson's specialist or your own physician.
- Connect with vital resources in your local community including allied healthcare specialists, support groups, physical activity groups and more.
- Become involved in the search for new therapies through opportunities for clinical trial participation.